[Resource Topic] 2020/889: Affine Determinant Programs: A Framework for Obfuscation and Witness Encryption

Welcome to the resource topic for 2020/889

Title:
Affine Determinant Programs: A Framework for Obfuscation and Witness Encryption

Authors: James Bartusek, Yuval Ishai, Aayush Jain, Fermi Ma, Amit Sahai, Mark Zhandry

Abstract:

An affine determinant program ADP: {0,1}^n → {0,1} is specified by a tuple (A,B_1,…,B_n) of square matrices over F_q and a function Eval: F_q → {0,1}, and evaluated on x \in {0,1}^n by computing Eval(det(A + sum_{i \in [n]} x_i B_i)). In this work, we suggest ADPs as a new framework for building general-purpose obfuscation and witness encryption. We provide evidence to suggest that constructions following our ADP-based framework may one day yield secure, practically feasible obfuscation. As a proof-of-concept, we give a candidate ADP-based construction of indistinguishability obfuscation (iO) for all circuits along with a simple witness encryption candidate. We provide cryptanalysis demonstrating that our schemes resist several potential attacks, and leave further cryptanalysis to future work. Lastly, we explore practically feasible applications of our witness encryption candidate, such as public-key encryption with near-optimal key generation.

ePrint: https://eprint.iacr.org/2020/889

See all topics related to this paper.

Feel free to post resources that are related to this paper below.

Example resources include: implementations, explanation materials, talks, slides, links to previous discussions on other websites.

For more information, see the rules for Resource Topics .