[Resource Topic] 2020/1066: Constant time algorithms for ROLLO-I-128

Welcome to the resource topic for 2020/1066

Title:
Constant time algorithms for ROLLO-I-128

Authors: Carlos Aguilar-Melchor, Nicolas Aragon, Emanuele Bellini, Florian Caullery, Rusydi H. Makarim, Chiara Marcolla

Abstract:

In this work, we propose different techniques that can be used to implement the ROLLO, and partially RQC, family of algorithms in a standalone, efficient and constant time library. For simplicity, we focus our attention on one specific instance of this family, ROLLO-I-128. For each of these techniques, we present explicit code (with intrinsics when required), or pseudo-code and performance measures to show their impact. More precisely, we use a combination of original and known results and describe procedures for Gaussian reduction of binary matrices, generation of vectors of given rank, multiplication with lazy reduction and inversion of polynomials in a composite Galois field. We also carry out a global performance analysis to show the impact of these improvements on ROLLO-I-128. Through the SUPERCOP framework, we compare it to other 128-bit secure KEMs in the NIST competition. To our knowledge, this is the first optimized full constant time implementation of ROLLO-I-128.

ePrint: https://eprint.iacr.org/2020/1066

See all topics related to this paper.

Feel free to post resources that are related to this paper below.

Example resources include: implementations, explanation materials, talks, slides, links to previous discussions on other websites.

For more information, see the rules for Resource Topics .