[Resource Topic] 2020/103: Improved Related-Tweakey Rectangle Attacks on Reduced-round Deoxys-BC-384 and Deoxys-I-256-128

Welcome to the resource topic for 2020/103

Title:
Improved Related-Tweakey Rectangle Attacks on Reduced-round Deoxys-BC-384 and Deoxys-I-256-128

Authors: Boxin Zhao, Xiaoyang Dong, Keting Jia, Willi Meier

Abstract:

Deoxys-BC is the core internal tweakable block cipher of the authenticated encryption schemes Deoxys-I and Deoxys-II. Deoxys-II is one of the six schemes in the final portfolio of the CAESAR competition, while Deoxys-I is a 3rd round candidate. By well studying the new method proposed by Cid et al. at ToSC 2017 and BDT technique proposed by Wang and Peyrin at ToSC 2019, we find a new 11-round related-tweakey boomerang distinguisher of Deoxys-BC-384 with probability of 2^{-118.4}, and give a related-tweakey rectangle attack on 13-round Deoxys-BC-384 with a data complexity of 2^{125.2} and time complexity of 2^{186.7}, and then apply it to analyze 13-round Deoxys-I-256-128 in this paper. This is the first time that an attack on 13-round Deoxys-I-256-128 is given, while the previous attack on this version only reaches 12 rounds.

ePrint: https://eprint.iacr.org/2020/103

See all topics related to this paper.

Feel free to post resources that are related to this paper below.

Example resources include: implementations, explanation materials, talks, slides, links to previous discussions on other websites.

For more information, see the rules for Resource Topics .