[Resource Topic] 2012/255: How to Garble Arithmetic Circuits

Welcome to the resource topic for 2012/255

Title:
How to Garble Arithmetic Circuits

Authors: Benny Applebaum, Yuval Ishai, Eyal Kushilevitz

Abstract:

Yao’s garbled circuit construction transforms a boolean circuit C:\{0,1\}^n\to\{0,1\}^m into a ``garbled circuit’’ \hat{C} along with n pairs of k-bit keys, one for each input bit, such that \hat{C} together with the n keys corresponding to an input x reveal C(x) and no additional information about x. The garbled circuit construction is a central tool for constant-round secure computation and has several other applications. Motivated by these applications, we suggest an efficient arithmetic variant of Yao’s original construction. Our construction transforms an arithmetic circuit C : \mathbb{Z}^n\to\mathbb{Z}^m over integers from a bounded (but possibly exponential) range into a garbled circuit \hat{C} along with n affine functions L_i : \mathbb{Z}\to \mathbb{Z}^k such that \hat{C} together with the n integer vectors L_i(x_i) reveal C(x) and no additional information about x. The security of our construction relies on the intractability of the learning with errors (LWE) problem.

ePrint: https://eprint.iacr.org/2012/255

See all topics related to this paper.

Feel free to post resources that are related to this paper below.

Example resources include: implementations, explanation materials, talks, slides, links to previous discussions on other websites.

For more information, see the rules for Resource Topics .