[Resource Topic] 2011/575: Exclusive Key Based Group Rekeying Protocols

Welcome to the resource topic for 2011/575

Title:
Exclusive Key Based Group Rekeying Protocols

Authors: Jing Liu, Changji Wang

Abstract:

In this paper, we first clarify the meaning of research on 1-resilient group rekeying protocols by showing that they are actually building blocks for constructing hybrid group rekeying protocols with tunable collusion-bandwidth tradeoffs. We then construct secure and efficient 1-resilient group rekeying protocols based on the idea of exclusive key. Given a group of users, an exclusive key for a user i is a key shared by all users in this group except i, and thus can be used to exclude i from this group effectively. We first present three personal key assignment algorithms based on this idea. The first is based on independent exclusive keys, and thus has a great storage requirement. The other two are based on functionally-dependent exclusive keys, and thus greatly reduce the storage requirement. Employing each personal key assignment algorithm, we propose both a stateful group rekeying protocol and a stateless one. We prove that all six protocols are secure against single-user attacks (i.e., 1-resilient) in a symbolic security model. Performance comparisons between our protocols and related ones show that either of the proposed Protocol III and Protocol III’ is the best in its own class.

ePrint: https://eprint.iacr.org/2011/575

See all topics related to this paper.

Feel free to post resources that are related to this paper below.

Example resources include: implementations, explanation materials, talks, slides, links to previous discussions on other websites.

For more information, see the rules for Resource Topics .