[Resource Topic] 2009/547: Non-Interactive Verifiable Computing: Outsourcing Computation to Untrusted Workers

Welcome to the resource topic for 2009/547

Title:
Non-Interactive Verifiable Computing: Outsourcing Computation to Untrusted Workers

Authors: Rosario Gennaro, Craig Gentry, Bryan Parno

Abstract:

Verifiable Computation enables a computationally weak client to “outsource” the computation of a function F on various inputs x_1,…,x_k to one or more workers. The workers return the result of the function evaluation, e.g., y_i=F(x_i), as well as a proof that the computation of F was carried out correctly on the given value x_i. The verification of the proof should require substantially less computational effort than computing F(x_i) from scratch. We present a protocol that allows the worker to return a computationally-sound, non-interactive proof that can be verified in O(m) time, where m is the bit-length of the output of F. The protocol requires a one-time pre-processing stage by the client which takes O(|C|) time, where C is the smallest Boolean circuit computing F. Our scheme also provides input and output privacy for the client, meaning that the workers do not learn any information about the x_i or y_i values.

ePrint: https://eprint.iacr.org/2009/547

See all topics related to this paper.

Feel free to post resources that are related to this paper below.

Example resources include: implementations, explanation materials, talks, slides, links to previous discussions on other websites.

For more information, see the rules for Resource Topics .